School Closure Update
Dear parents, 20.03.2020
As you all know, following the Government announcement earlier this week, school is closed for the majority of pupils from Monday 23rd March. Attached is a letter explaining the tasks and online activities for your child to do whilst they are not in school.
Provision for vulnerable pupils and the children of key workers As advised by the government, there will be an offer of care provision for the children of key workers (e.g. NHS staff, police, others in frontline services) and vulnerable pupils as defined by the government.
Please note that:
- In order to comply with the government’s objective of minimising the number of pupils in schools to limit the spread of infection, this service is only available to these groups
- This will be a care provision and not an opportunity for one to one tuition or in any way resemble a traditional timetabled day
- Not all staff will be able to be in school and we are currently looking at a rota system
- Children will be working on ‘Home Learning’ activities in line with those children off site.
- Lunch will be provided and paid for in the usual way, unless your child qualifies for free school meals
All other children will need to stay at home, so we ask that you do not send your child into school from Monday onwards.
If your child usually receives free school meals we will also be in touch with more information about how we will continue to provide this, with support from a scheme that the government has announced.
This is a national closure and, while it is a challenging situation, we are not alone. We will re-open fully as soon as we are advised to do so and will inform you by email and via the school website.
Finally, may I reiterate my sincere thanks for all the support you have shown us over the last few days. We are an incredible community and I know we will continue to share much love and kindness as we pull together over the coming weeks and months ahead.
Mrs Sue Cunningham